The Esparto Regional of Commerce is dedicated to advancing the economic & social vitality of the Esparto Region.
Business Plan 2007/08
1. Creating a strong local economy
a. Economic Development
- We will work on a business incentive plan for Yolo County
- We will work on creating a development zone for Esparto.
- We will provide members and the community with potential business resources
- We will encourage small industry development
2. Promoting the Community
- We will promote the Almond Festival to other communities and create programs that focus on children and families.
- We will continue to help the Capay Valley Regional Farmers Market become sustainable.
- We will post our events on free local websites and newspapers.
- We will update the local community map and make sure that all chambers and Convention/Visitors bureaus have maps in their kiosks.
3. Networking/Business Contacts/Member Benefits
a. Networking opportunities
- Mixers that are fun and get people talking
- Website that is a tool for our members to stay informed and inform others about their business
- Develop member to member discount program
b. Business Contacts
- We will create a weekly web marketing opportunity for members and their products/services
- We will use the local newspapers to keep others informed about our business members
c. Group medical insurance plan
- We will secure a contract for discounted medical insurance plan
- We will recruit non-members to build chamber sustainability and business vitality
4. Representing Business to Government
- Will represent businesses to local government
- We will help to draft important policies that encourage commerce
- We will advocate for individual members where necessary
5. Political Action
- We will take positions on local measures
- We will sponsor candidate forums for the public
- We will work with elected officials to craft legislation.